Heather & Andrew Head South to the Americas...

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Cajon del Maipo


After Valpariso we decided to swing the other way and head out the to forest! We found these cabins about an hour outside Santiago, where we could cook, and chill out for the week. They reminded me of "smurf" cabins, it was darling. All wood and bamboo interior, with a woodburning fire to heat the place. Cabinas de las Animas was the name of the place, named perhaps for the dogs that frequented the grounds? We had our own personal watch dog the entire time we were at our cabin...he adopted us for the week. ;DI finally got my horse back riding in while we were there too! We rode up into the mtns and got views of the entire canyon. Plus at one point I expressed some interest in galloping, and before I knew it we were galloping down the trail...it was great! My horse named Diabolita (devil) ran fast as the wind! ;D

I played "mom" all week while we were there and did all of the cooking while the boys cleaned and made the fires! It was great fun though figuring out what concoction I could throw together with limited ingrediants, and supplies...but I think all would say we ate VERY well and VERY cheap! Yum... and YAY for lentils! haha


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home