Heather & Andrew Head South to the Americas...

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Private Pools Await at Semuc Champey...


We packed onto a Chicken Bus bound for Semuc Champey, people were literally hanging out of the windows and doors as we drove the four hour bumpy road to our destination. We were surprised at how we even made it up several steep hills, without losing any people or luggage. We got to our hostel Las Marias right on the river...rather rustic but a beautiful setting no doubt. We hurridly put on our swimmers and hiked to Semuc Champey, eager to cool off after the long hot bus ride. We got there just as all the tour groups were leaving, and had the majestic, amazingly clear pools all to ourselves. The falls and pools were spectacular and worth the long bumpy ride.
After cleaning up back at our hostel, we headed down to a price fixed dinner that SUCKED... but what was cool, was the local Marimba band that came to play. So we enjoyed the music, chilled out and headed to bed.
The next day we decided to head right on out back to Coban, so that we could make the long trip down to Antigua in one day...

1 Comments:

  • That's an absolutely amazing picture of Semuc Champey. I'm so glad I'm reading your blog, as I'm seeing pictures of us and of things I did after we split that my crappy camera didn't capture.
    Don't let me forget, though, that I have some pictures of Bio-Itza to send to you.
    When are you returning?
    Also, since I returned I broke my foot! Amazing, not there on the volcanos, etc., but here in a hotel in NY! But it's no biggie.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home