Heather & Andrew Head South to the Americas...

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Salar de Uyuni - dia 3


So last night we slept in a hostel made entirely of salt! We are now officially in the Salar de Uyuni... it was crazy though. The bricks were salt, the hallway looked like a salt shaker exploded, and the bed frames were made of salt too! I told Andrew not to drop anything on the floor because we would have to sift through it to find it...I could literally lick my bed, it was the craziest thing I have ever slept on!
Then when we got up, the 3 day drive only got stranger...we were flying ontop of these crystalized salt planes...literally flying at who knows how many km/hr since our spedometer was broken! haha It was actually a welcomed relief to the constant bumps we´d experiences the last two days, at least now it was smooth...even if it was weird!
One of our first stops was at this island, in the middle of these salt planes...it was a pretty funny sight because there were about 20 other dream wagons here as well, so the locals picked up on this...and they were out flipping pancakes, selling jewlery, etc..all in the middle of what appeared to be a vast white nothingness! Also, there were about 50 other people trying to outdo each other for crazy photos...we thought we were being inventive with these poses, but since then we´ve seen many others! I will say that this may be the ONLY time when I have Andrew in the palm of my hand! (literally! haha lol) :D

2 Comments:

  • Oh my god these pics are HIlarious!!! Frank and I are laughing our arses off!

    By Blogger mkelly28, at 8:46 PM  

  • these by far are my fave pics of you two. love it - brings a smile doesn't it? :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home