Heather & Andrew Head South to the Americas...

Monday, February 26, 2007

Onwards and Upwards









We boarded our first "bus-cama" a few nights ago to get to Trujillo. It was the PIMPIEST bus ever, really I could not believe it. First of all you are greated by this "flight attendant" type woman, dressed in costume with a a party hat and all. Then you climb these stairs to the upper deck, where you sink into these easy-boy recliner chairs. There is a traytop table, like on an airplane, your seat almost reclines back to lying down, and there is a video screen every few aisles. About 15 mins into the ride, the lady brings around a free snack, and then a free drink. Then an english movie began... it is better than flying, I swear!
So we arrived in Trujillo at 7am the following morning, dreary eyed we took a cab to our hostel which was ridiculously cheap...I think most of the cab rides we took while we were there were around $1! That afternoon we went to Hacua de la Sol y Luna...these amazing ruins from about 500 AC, during the Moche culture. I will not bore you with details, but these ruins were pretty fantastic...paintings that have survived desert conditions, graves, and full stuctures still exist. Stay tuned for pics... :D


2 Comments:

  • We could have used a bus like that in India! Wow! Totally pimped out it sounds like.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:46 PM  

  • Never heard of this "bus-cama" thing. Sounds like so much fun. Reminds me of a superior version of the "deluxe" night bus I took from Flores, Guate. to Gaute. City. Had to wipe down the seatbelt before I touched it; the sandwich (I didn't eat) made others sick; no tp in "bathroom." I'll have to try this one day.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home